Thursday, August 15, 2013

the Big One Part Two: Partyin'

There's only one time that you can party like you're... one?!? 

thanks Ku'ulei for the fun invitation!
We decided we would have a circus party.
And oh I had soooo much fun planning it.
Honestly it's all I've been able to think about for months because I have been so excited and the ideas kept flowing. I had to start limiting myself.
And oh it was perfect. It turned out just as I had hoped.
Filled with fun food. Yummy candy. Amazing friends and family. And the most handsome one year old in the entire world. Well i'm pretty biased.

We had hot dogs and veggies with little hot dog holders for the kids.
Homemade kettle corn.
Lemonade.
Cupcakes.
and... drumroll please
A candy station! 
The candy station turned out just as I had hoped.
(Pinterest did not disappoint.)
Love.


We had fun Big Top Tent cups for the kids as well as some circus cups for  Benson and Christian. They were so cute.



The kiddos decorated balloons with clown face stickers. It was fun. Benson loves Balloons. He continues to carry the leftovers around the house. all. day. long.





Kala, Tate, and Benson all playing the bean bag toss at once.


Happy Boy getting ready to eat.



some of the partyers


My niece Taryn was so proud of her balloon. Sad the face is on the other side haha.

One more shot of the cake before the destroyer got to it.


Evie, Kala and Nolan

He was soo excited to get to that cake.


He definitely destroyed it. He tried to pick up the entire thing and put it in his mouth. He started to get frustrated after he dug in though because his hands  were so caked with frosting and cake that he couldn't get to it very good.

Presents were short lived. All he wanted to do was eat the card from the first present. Paper boy.




carrying his balloon.




he wouldn't move the balloon from his face. haha

he had to follow the balloon.

candy bags.... yay!




our little thank you!

The kids got clown noses as a prize after they played the bean bag toss. I couldn't get a picture of them all together. shocker right. But Kala and I continue to have fun with it. Kala likes putting it on and singing the "afro circus" song from madagascar 3. It's hilarious.

Kala's balloon continues to get lots of love being drug around the house.
I was so please with how it all turned out. Benson was so happy that night. And definitely worn out.
We had so much fun, but I am sad Benson is growing up so fast. I think partyin helped me take my mind off of it. But now that it's all passed I don't quite know just how to let him grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment