Monday, July 29, 2013

Menu Mondays

So everyone always asks how I could possibly make dinner every night. So I decided I would share in my secret. I make a menu. If I don't, I always get really stressed and flustered when it comes to dinner time and i will end up making a million trips to the grocery store and buy unnecessary things which is not easy on the wallet. Second people always ask what the heck I actually eat since I eat gluten free. I always try to explain that I just eat regular things but everyone still seems baffled. So for your viewing pleasure I'm going to post my menu each week with links to the recipes!
For me it's key not to assign meals to days because I need to feel I have some freedom and spontaneity. That's just what works for me!

This weeks menu:
Key west grilled chicken with brown rice and green beans
Thai chicken salad (new recipe hope it's delicious!)
BBQ Brisket with brown rice and corn
Ranch pork chops with baked potatoes and peas (as a side note I use gf cream of chicken soup, I prefer the pacific brand. Also I double the sauce or half the pork chops. I use the sauce as a gravy on my potatoes.)
Chili's chicken fajitas with all the fixings
Spicy bean and rice burritos (I usually get my gf tortillas at sprouts. i. love. sprouts.)

A little tip, I decide how busy my day is going to be and will use the crock pot recipes on days I know will be extra busy particularly in the evenings. Also, with it being summer and any extra heat in the house is very unwelcome over here so I put my crock pot in the garage (on a chair haha). Makes for a much cooler house.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment